Aren’t these TOO cute?!?! I love the new colors. They could be made into garden markers . . . or into bunnies to add to Easter baskets. There were a LOT of other kitchen gadgets in this color scheme too. Little plastic ramekins, mixing bowls and strainers. They are most likely just a seasonally stocked items, so get them while they last!
I actually DID need a new rolling-pin and I much prefer this style (as opposed to the kind with handles. After I brought this one home I had a brain storm or other ways I could use them and had to go back and buy a bunch MORE.
They would make great handles for baskets or wood crates. Cut in half, I could use them as feet/legs for small stools shelves etc.
How CUTE are these little chicks from Dollar Tree?!?!
They have ‘bobble heads’ and were in with the Easter decor. They had bunnies too, but I didn’t really care for the bunnies.
I glued pointy party hats to their heads and tied a bow around their necks.
The hats are made from some ‘ice cream come holders’ that I bought a long time ago on clearance; thinking that they would make cute little party hats! The little pom-poms glued to the top of the hats were something that I had on hand.
I stuffed the hats with crumpled newspaper to make them nice and sturdy. First a dab of glue (tacky glue) in the point of the hat and a tightly twisted little piece of paper. A bit more glue and a crumpled piece of paper, tightly tamped down with a pair of scissors. Just kept doing that, layer by layer until I had just enough space left to glue the hat to their heads. Used tacky glue for that too. Only had to ‘hold them in place for a minute of two white the glue set.
Ready to PARTY!!
These plain oval gift boxes are from YEARS ago! Not sure what I was saving them for; but I am still ‘on a mission’ to use up what I have on hand and only buy what new supplies I absolutely NEED. (like more birds!)
These paper mache birds and chicks were from Michael’s last year. Bought the chicks on close out, specifically to save and paint up for this year. The birds were a ‘panic purchase’ last year when I was worried that I wasn’t going to be able to find any more ceramic or resin birds.
The boxes actually cane with matching lids and bases, I just decided to mix them up a bit for more interest. The chicks were painted then varnished with ‘pixie dust’ varnish. You can buy the pixie dust varnish already made; or make your own. Just be sure you use the most super fine opalescent glitter you can find and add it to GLOSS varnish. If you use flat or mat varnish you’ll lose some of the glitters glitz. Just mix together in your varnish bottle and brush on like any other varnish.
Chopped up some green crimped paper that I had into smaller pieces. Applied a good layer of tacky glue to the entire box top them ‘poured’ my grass on and smushed it into place. Let dry. Trimmed away what hung over the edges.
Then glued on the eggs with hot glue.
Didn’t have as many boxes for the birds as I did for the ducks. At least not ones that were the right colors. Was a bit ‘stumped’ when it can to what to do with the bird boxes after I glued the birds on?!?! So, on this yellow one I simply tied on a pretty ribbon.
Found the egg wreaths in the dollar (?) spot at Target for $2.50. Pretty sparse and the eggs were kinda cheap looking. Passed on buying one at first.
See what I mean about the eggs?? Some were dented and you could see the seams. After I got home (of course!) I had a brainstorm; sp I grabbed one the next time I headed out. (Trying to NOT go out for ‘just one thing’ these days with gas getting so pricey!)
I wired the Target egg wreath to a medium sized grapevine wreath from DT to give it more ‘bulk’.
For a split second I pondered glittering each egg individually with glitter that matches the egg. I have a brand new set of MS glitter that is just SCREAMING to be used. But I’d end up with so much ‘left over’ glitter that would be wasted due to shedding, and it would all be mixed together . . . PLUS, I’d have to wait for each color to completely dry before doing the next and I’m waaaaaaaaaaaaay too impatient for that!
So I just used some iridescent glitter on ALL the eggs, so now they look like ‘sugared eggs’.
Then I ‘fluffed it up’ by adding some sheer ribbon. I cut and tied the ribbons; then hot glued them into place.
Total production cost comes in at under $5.00. 2.50 for the egg wreath; 1.00 for the grapevine wreath; and 1.50 for the ribbon (from Costco), glue and glitter.
I still think it would be AWESOME to ‘color glitter’ each egg. I just don’t want to be the one to do all that work! hehe Would love to see how it looks if any of you dare to attempt it!
It’s now in our space at Camas Antiques.