I bought this decorative wire mesh last spring. They had lots of colors (and NOW there are also Christmas colors!) but I only bought these two.I had some rusty wire wreath forms, and spray painted one white to use for this project. I’ve since found the wreath forms at Dollar Tree:
I really like the new ones from DT better than the ones I had! But I didn’t find these until AFTER I finished my first mesh wreath.
Not TOO bad for my first attempt! I used three of the spools of mesh.
I made this AFTER I had made two burlap wreaths, and THOUGHT that I’d be able to attach the mesh to the wreath form the same way I did the burlap, with pipe cleaners, threaded through the fabric and twisted around the wire form.
But the mesh kept snagging on the pipe cleaners and ripping to shreds!?! I didn’t want to use wire, so I tried needle and thread and SEWED the mesh to the wire form!
Which I truly do NOT recommend!! (however it did make for a very ‘tidy’ looking backside, compared to using pipe cleaners!) But I don’t yet have another recommendation. (I’m OPEN to suggestions!)
It needed ‘something’ more, but I didn’t know what. So I set it aside for a while until inspiration struck.
I had this “JOY” ornament from DT.
And these floral shaped ornaments, also from DT.
After ‘testing’ both, I decided that the JOY looked better.
Then I ‘sprinkled about’ (glued on with Tacky glue!) some silver glitter snowflake ‘table scatters’ that I had.
NOW it’s done.
And I’ve got about 15 spools of mesh left to make MORE!!