Got another ‘wire (trash can!) cloche done.
Since I showed you this base for another wire cloche that I was working on:
I thought you might like to see it after I finished it:
I just painted the little wood oval (you can buy these at the craft store) black at the same time that I was painting the wood knob. Pre-drilled a hole in the oval so the wood wouldn’t split when I added the screw. Then I was actually able to drive the screw into the knob with a hand-held driver. (BECAUSE the hole in the wood ‘washer’ was pre-drilled)
This looks SO much better than seeing the ‘screw stem’ of the knob hanging down on the inside!